gift basket, label and packaging ideas

Vec

i was wondering how many original ideas all of us could come up with and share? i'm not wanting to 'steal' anyone's ideas....i'm just looking for ways we could help each other, as a whole, help out some of us who may be having trouble finding our own unique style of getting the attention of our targeted audience. i know how easy it is for many to just order pre-made lables and such .... but in doing this i have found us copying each other due to lack of exposure of basic design rules and creativity.

for example:

1. the basic black & white printed sticker/label.

2. usage of bland or plain fonts or grapics.

3. shrink wrap.

4. gift baskets filled with the usual soap, loofah or poof scrubbie, lotions,

ect...all stacked up on the old and overused paper or plastic grass crap.

i believe that all of us, both b&b and candle makers, can work together to help our fellow artisans. those of us who have set ourselves apart with great success and wows from our audience/buyers know how hard it was to get to where you/we are and should be compelled to lend an idea or three to those in need.

i understand that this is what this board is for and i applaude each and every person who has been so kind to answer the same questions over & over again with utmost patience. *CLAPS PROUDLY*

you see, don't get me wrong....i'm not bragging at all because i worked my tail off for, and have nearly (on many occasion) lost my sanity, to earn a bachelor's degree in graphic communication (ad design), and not everyone has had such opportunities. so, i do understand why many would need that helping hand from thode of us who have experience.

with the help my boyfriend (candle maker) and i (soaper) have had from the members of this group, the two of us have a chance to succeed at something worthwhile and ejoyable, and better ourselves in the meanwhile.

so i, as a fellow group member am lending my hand to any who need help getting ideas for, creating packaging, lables, gift baskets, business cards, eyecatchers and any other way i might be of service.

thank you all for your welcoming of newbies to the crafts, and for all the help you offer. *STANDING OVATION*:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

ANY AND ALL ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO CONTACT ME VIA

EMAIL: strange_love_3@yahoo.com

MESSENGER - AIM: red hand studio

YAHOO: strange_love_3

SNAILMAIL: christy osborne

p.o.box 323

evans, la 70639