Would this be right?

DeeB

My MIL wants me to make her some soap with rosehip oil in it..she heard it is good for mature skin. So in order to keep the properties of the rosehip I need to add it at trace? Do I figure up the total amount of oils including the rosehip oil...total oils 48 oz., get my lye amount for 5% superfatting, then just hold the rosehip out and mix it in at trace?

She wants it scented with Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin BBW type FO, has anyone ever used this in CP? I wanted to discount the water a little bit, but I guess I better use the whole amount since I've never used this FO before and don't know how it behaves. If anyone has used it could you please let me know how it behaved.

Also I am going to try a swirl with Tumeric, do I need to dissolve the tumeric with anything or can I just mix it with the soap I take out of the batch to color.

Dee

Dee

Hi Cindy,

I made her some goats milk lotion and added rosehip oil to it and told her to try that.

I told her in my opinion, adding an expensive oil to soap doesn't make a whole lot of sense except for marketing purposes, the soap doesn't stay on your skin long enough for it to be beneficial. She said the lady at the health food store told her the soap with rosehip would be great for her skin. In my opinion, she was just trying to sell her a $7.00 bar versus a $4.00 bar, I could be wrong though.

Thanks so much for your help.

Dee