warmer question

rebeccajo99

I know tart scent will last differently depending on warmers. Partylite now has electric warmers using a 25 watt bulb and new "tarts" that they say last up to 80 hours.

As I get my "tarts" ready for market, my requirment is that my 1/2 oz tart needs to last at least 12 hours on my warmer where I can walk into and not strain to smell, but still have a nice smell to the tart. (as in only allowing a small reduction in strength).

So using my warmer (a 120 watt one from candles and supplies) would that "burn up" the scent quicker than the 25 watt bulb warmers? Trying to figure out how my tarts compare to the new ones that Partylite now offers.

I use Feather Palm wax for my tarts at the highest scent hold. If those 2 warmers would be simular in reducing scent,then my tart suck. I really don't want to look for a different tart wax as I love the look of the Feather Palm.

Partylite has so many nice things. I think they MIGHT have meant that the tray will last for 80 hours. 80 divided by 12 = 6.6 hrs each piece.

I always loved their votives, how they would turn to liquid in just a short time, with a nice steady flame and they never got hot. Loved how small their wicks were and yet the wax turned to clear. I have several of their containers, still love them.

Edited by Sharon in KY

I thought the same thing when I first heard about them at a show. I then heard the rep say that the person would get over 1000 hours of scent time. (which i just did the calculations and 80 x 12 is not 1000, but that is besides the point).

I just shuved it in the back of my mind until today when I decided to look it up myself and see. I copied and pasted the wording from thier website. You can interpret that both ways. I like their products too and know it is going to be hard to compete with them since they are so predominate around here, but I'm not trying to make it rich like them either. I just want to be able to send my kids to private school and stay home with them.

I may have to buy one and see for myself. grrr, that isn't going to help the business budget:laugh2:

Scent Plus® Melts

Wax tray snaps into 12 Melts, each lasting up to 80 hours. For use with Scentglow™ or Aroma Melts™ Warmers. Choose from 10 classic fragrances and six new summer scents.

Someone has these on ebay and also say each melt will scent for 80 hours and that you get over 1,000 hours of scent time per tray of 12 melts...1011.gif

I am going to get a tray and test for myself...no way I can compete with that if it is true. Just want to see how strong they are for that amount of time.

well.. they can claim whatever they want. We would need to test them to be sure.

Theres a lady on etsy who claims her 8oz mason burns for over double what I've ever achieved (my record is 80 hours out of one but average is 50). we all know that her claims not true... but who's going to call her out on it? She has a few "neutrals" saying it didnt last as long as she claimed (duh) but she still claims it.

I ordered a tray of these melts from ebay, should be here Friday or Saturday. I will post my test results along the way.

I will be testing them on a 14 watt Jackel Warmer and the Illumination Fragrance Warmer from Candle Warmers (it uses a a 25 watt halogen bulb).

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your e-mail. Yes each melt will last up to 80 hours or almost 1000 hours for the entire tray.

Regards,

Denise

PartyLite Correspondence

Time to go to a party.

Anyone that tries them please let us know.

grrr. That isn't what I wanted to hear. Guess I need to find some too.

I say someone buy some and throw one of those little suckers in and test them. Or even better, email her back and ask her for the actual test results.

Bet you don't hear back from her.. LMAO

I doubt a melt would last 80 hours!!! :rolleyes2

It's a marketing ploy like Scentsy does..

Edited by islandgirl

OK, finally got my melts today that were suppose to be here Saturday...:mad:

They are in a clamshell type tray that slides into a box. Wt. is 4.8 oz. and the price was $7.25 plus shipping. The scent is "Island Nectar". Cold throw is OK but I thought it would be stronger for a bar that is suppose to last 1,000 hours.

I put one cube into my Jackel warmer (14 watt) in the bedroom 45 minutes ago and closed the door (it is a large room). I went to check on it and it's definitely not an in your face throw like I am use to but I can smell it. I leave this warmer on 24/7 so I will see how long it last. If I were testing this FO myself, I would consider it a medium H/T. I don't think there is any way it will last for 80 hours but will give it a try.

I will try one in my light warmer tomorrow and see how it does. It has a halogen bulb that does burn the FO off too fast with mine (KY tart wax) but is super strong and scents the whole house using 2 cubes. Curious to see how these do and how long they last.

I also have a warmer with a regular 25 watt bulb from Levines so will see how they do with that one also. That is the type Partylite is selling so I'll see if these "super" melts stand up to there claims.

OK, the single melt I put in the Jackel warmer last night is done. Can't even smell it standing over the warmer. I have been gone all morning and checked it when I got back so no chance I just got use to the scent (again this is in the bedroom with the door closed). I don't know how they came up with 80 hours per melt when mine didn't even last 15!!! And this was on a low wattage warmer! :shocked2:

I put 2 melts in the halogen warmer before I left and again medium almost light hot throw (gone about 2 hours). Mine are blow your doors off strong in this warmer, the first 5 hours 2 melts will scent the whole house easily (KY tart wax and tarts made with leftover C3). Can only smell these in the kitchen where the warmer is. Will see how long they last.

So needless to say something is very wrong with what this company is saying about these melts. I don't know how they tested or what level of scent throw is "acceptable" to fall into this 80 hours but they need to go back and try again.

I get 20 hours of scent time with 2 of my melts on the Jackel warmer so I will test theirs with 2 melts to see what I get. But won't change the fact that they claim you get 80 hours of scent time with ONE..... 1018.gif

So are these 1,000 total hours of scent time hidden in the box somewhere (lol)?

I guess I need to call for directions on how to use them....:laugh2: Must be my warmers, maybe can only get all those hours with one of theirs....

Thank-you so much for posting your findings. I have been looking for some to get, but have not been able to find them at the local vendor shows cash and carry.

I don't know how their warmer would be different than any other 25 watt bulb warmer. I don't know if I would want to buy one of their warmers on top of the melts. They are really expensive.

I guess I need to call for directions on how to use them....:laugh2: Must be my warmers, maybe can only get all those hours with one of theirs....

That's it!!!! You have to use their warmers to get the correct hrs!!!! Yeah right. It's just BS if ya ask me:p

Debbie,

I would return them!! Even tho you bought them for testing purposes. The claim of 80 hours is false. I would demand a full refund and shipping costs!

If they refuse, contact the corporate center!! That is BS!!

Thanks for posting you findings.

The next show I attended with a Scentsly rep, I will listen to the bogus marketing speech saying they burn for 1000 hours (or what ever they claim) and how you can only use thier warmers. I will ask for an explanation why we can only use their warmers.

Then I buy a pack, take a card, and then tell them I am fellow chandler and going to test theirs and if they do not last 1000 hours I will be returning them!!

What gets me is the bogus marketing scheme!~!:mad: Shame on them all!!:rolleyes2

Edited by islandgirl

Debbie,

I would return them!! Even tho you bought them for testing purposes. The claim of 80 hours is false. I would demand a full refund and shipping costs!

If they refuse, contact the corporate center!! That is BS!!

Thanks for posting you findings.

The next show I attended with a Scentsly rep, I will listen to the bogus marketing speech saying they burn for 1000 hours (or what ever they claim) and how you can only use thier warmers. I will ask for an explanation why we can only use their warmers.

Then I buy a pack, take a card, and then tell them I am fellow chandler and going to test theirs and if they do not last 1000 hours I will be returning them!!

What gets me is the bogus marketing scheme!~!:mad: Shame on them all!!:rolleyes2

There you go! I completely agree with you! I might actually do the same thing! Once the scent wears out bring it back and ask for a refund, melted wax and all!

I guess we could honestly say "Our melts last longer then scentsy or party lite melts".