has anyone tried zincs in 6006??

Hi Everyone,

I really like this wax but even though some of you said it was easy to wick I just did not find that the case so I put it on the back burner for a while. I am ready to start testing with this again and I was thinking of ordering a zinc sample kit. Has anyone used them in 6006 with great results. I am using a 3" diam tumbler.

Thanks so much.

I use zinc wicks in 6006. In a 8oz jelly jar I use a 51z; in 8oz and 16oz mason jars I use a 60z. Of course, I always test new oils ... but these are what work most of the time for me. I buy my wicks from The Candle Source.

Edited by Candlebuddy

I recently tested Zincs in 6006 8% Fo they burned fine but didnt care for the mushrooming and I dont think I got as good of HT from them. I use a eco 8 in a 3" container and a eco 6 in a 2.5 - 2.75" container have had great results.

Still searching for the right combo in a 4" container.

Kay

I have used the eco8's as well but find that they don't clean the glass as well as I would like but if I wick up to a 10 the wax gets scorched and turns a dark tan. With the 8's I get a "rollercoaster" type pattern of hank-up almost until the very end and I just think it looks bad but I must say they hardly produce any soot at all.

I have used the eco8's as well but find that they don't clean the glass as well as I would like but if I wick up to a 10 the wax gets scorched and turns a dark tan. With the 8's I get a "rollercoaster" type pattern of hank-up almost until the very end and I just think it looks bad but I must say they hardly produce any soot at all.

I get some hang up with the second and third burn but it seems to even out about the last half of the container.

Kay

Thanks so much and why are we both not sleeping right now??!!! I will order a sample pack of the zincs to test. At this point I will try anything. ECOs are my first choice in this wax but they are still not perfect.

Good question. I was up way too late last night! This forum does this to me. I am a little obssesed lately!

I actually thought the zincs gave me good HT. My biggest complaint again is the mushroom. I found the biggest problem when I had to use a bigger size for a wider container.

I am having a hard time wicking the 7.5 oz libbey cube. I can get the wick size down and happy with the melt it's just producing too much soot at the bottom of the container. So I am trying lots of different wicks. I have tried zincs, wu zincs, cd's, lx and htp's. Haven't tried the eco's though so I think I might try that next. The htp I have in there right now has done really well but I am just now down towards the bottom. I have a feeling it's going to soot as well.

So fwiw it seems like I have seen quite a few people that use this wax happy with either zinc or cd's. I like a lot of the properties of the zinc...the rigidity of the wick and the throw I get. Just don't like that silly mushroom! I did find that if you can use smaller sizes like the 44-32 then I seemed to get less shroom. That probably wouldn't work on your 3 inch wide container though.

Edited by aviator girl