Test Burn

Hi everyone!

So far so good :yay:

I lit all 3 candles, at first I left one wick too long and it was flickering a little and mushrooming a bit, so I let it burn for about 1 hour, blew it out and trimmed the wick.

I re-lit that one and now it's burning with a nice steady flame, no flickering and very little to no mushrooming.. Also have a full MP after about 20 min.

SO, I'm very happy with how it's going so far

Here are a few pics! P.S... even though I only waited just over 24 hours to test burn, the HT isn't too bad.. not terribly strong, but you notice it when you walk in the room.. so I guess that's good :cheesy2:

I used regular canning jars, the 3.25 inch ones and one of the canning jars I purchased from CS, that measures 3.15. Oh, and LX-26 wicks.. I bumped it up 2 sizes from my last try of LX-22's which drowned out after about 20 min..

EcoSoya CB Advanced wax, 1oz FO and 1 dye chip per lb.

Any feedback would be appreciated~!

post-11944-139458466937_thumb.jpg

post-11944-139458466941_thumb.jpg

post-11944-139458466944_thumb.jpg

so I let it burn for about 1 hour, blew it out and trimmed the wick.

I re-lit that one and now it's burning with a nice steady flame, no flickering and very little to no mushrooming.. Also have a full MP after about 20 min.

So if I am understanding, you burned one tester for an hour, extinguished to trim the wick and then immediately relit? That means the photo is about 1.5 hours into the test burn?

I use 8 oz. widemouth masons like that with a different wax & wick... FMP at 1.5 hours seems a little hot to me... Might shoulda tried a 24...

They look very pretty! :)

Thanks Stella for the input!~

I was actually going to try a LX-24 tomorrow.. I think that should do it with this FO and dye combination.. Although I'm not totally dissapointed with these. They are burning nicely, but the wicks are mushrooming a bit... No flickering though, just a nice steady flame. I'll just make sure to trim the wicks after each burn.

The one I blew out and re-lit has about a 90 percent FMP, I thought it was complete but nope.. so no more doing that.. lol.. It will probably leave a thin layer of wax on the glass as it burns, unless as the level drops, maybe it might clean itself up... time will tell...

The ones I lit and are letting burn have a nice FMP now and it's about 1/3 to 1/2 inch deep.. Is that normal for Soy wax to have a FMP that deep? Oh and it looks like they are burning nice and slowly.. they should last quite a while.

At least I'm learning and they aren't drowning out this time around.. That was so depressing!!! I'd rather have a flame a little too big than no flame at all.... :)

Edited by Soylicious
messed up

Is that normal for Soy wax to have a FMP that deep?
Yes.
It will probably leave a thin layer of wax on the glass as it burns, unless as the level drops, maybe it might clean itself up... time will tell...

I think you'll have no worries about it cleaning the glass. ;)

At least I'm learning and they aren't drowning out this time around.. That was so depressing!!!

Glad things are going better for your testing! :)

I'd rather have a flame a little too big than no flame at all....

Death by drowning vs. death by fire...

...hmmm... (lifeguards vs. firefighters)

I'll have the drowning, please. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Edited by Stella1952