Double Wicking

Is there a general rule as to how far apart you should put the wicks when double wicking? Does it depend on the container size? I am using CS 16 oz tins which are 4" dia. by 2.4" high, they do have a raised part in the center for one wick so the closest I can put the wick are 2-1/8" apart in order to get them to be on a flat surface. That would put them about 1" from the edge.

Kay

Is there a general rule as to how far apart you should put the wicks when double wicking? Does it depend on the container size? I am using CS 16 oz tins which are 4" dia. by 2.4" high, they do have a raised part in the center for one wick so the closest I can put the wick are 2-1/8" apart in order to get them to be on a flat surface. That would put them about 1" from the edge.

Kay

Also I am using 6006 with eco wicks

I love double wicks but I will not double wick a tin. A while back I read reports of people claiming they caught on fire.

CS has or had a double wicking tool that will show you how exactly they should be placed depending on the dia. of the jar. People seem to like it, I never tried it though.