RRD Wick Question

I was trying to do some research on the best RRD wick for 8oz jj. Then I came across some RRD 37 for sale on ebay. Do ya'll think these would work. I use J50 and J223. (still haven't found wich is best) Please let me know what ya'll think. TIA

Thats sounds a little small to me. You usually need to wick up more then you would think when using a pre-blend one pour w/ these wicks. Just a thought but if your wanting to test RRD's w/ you jar/wax combo why not get a sample pack instead?

I probably should get a sample pack. I always try to go the cheapest route and wind up spending more in the long run. Don't know why I do it. I got LX 18 and they seem to be too much. Wanted to try LX 14 but then ran accross RRD so thought I would ask about them to maybe try. I appreciate the input. It'll probably save me alot of time and $$.

What RRD would you suggest for my application?

In the end, samplers are cheaper, but I sit here with hundreds upon hundreds of different kinds of wicks so I UNDERSTAND :rolleyes2 I would start with the J50 first, that is an easier wax to wick & start with the RRD40 unless, like geekrunner said you are using a heavier FO, then try RRD47. HTH & good luck

In the end, samplers are cheaper, but I sit here with hundreds upon hundreds of different kinds of wicks so I UNDERSTAND :rolleyes2 I would start with the J50 first, that is an easier wax to wick & start with the RRD40 unless, like geekrunner said you are using a heavier FO, then try RRD47. HTH & good luck

Thank you so much:highfive: I'm so glad I found this message board. Like you said, if I bought sample packs I would have so many laying around unused. Probably go more insane than I already am:p Maybe I'll ask someone around here to trade a few with me.

You usually only get about 5 of each size in a sample pack. That's not too many to have lying around. I usually get a couple of sample packs and they don't really last that long. It's better than buying a hundred of a couple sizes and then finding that type of wick isn't going to work for you. HTH

Different suppliers carry different sample packs. Say you were looking for LX wicks. With Peaks you get 65 wicks, 5 of each of 13 sizes they carry for $7. Bittercreek has 5 of each of 14 different sizes only a couple of dollars more. Candles & Supplies 35 wicks (only 7 different sizes) for the same price as Peaks.

If you bought a minimum of 3 sizes of 100 for $7.00 each, you are spending way more than a sample pack. What if you find LX's just aren't going to work they soot way too much and have to try HTPs or CDs or RRDs. You can end up with hundreds of wicks laying around (or have to put in the classifieds) and spending way more money.

I'd personally rather buy more FO's. Then again, I know that what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for anyone else. As long as you're happy with what you do, go for it. HTH santa big

Different suppliers carry different sample packs. Say you were looking for LX wicks. With Peaks you get 65 wicks, 5 of each of 13 sizes they carry for $7. Bittercreek has 5 of each of 14 different sizes only a couple of dollars more. Candles & Supplies 35 wicks (only 7 different sizes) for the same price as Peaks.

If you bought a minimum of 3 sizes of 100 for $7.00 each, you are spending way more than a sample pack. What if you find LX's just aren't going to work they soot way too much and have to try HTPs or CDs or RRDs. You can end up with hundreds of wicks laying around (or have to put in the classifieds) and spending way more money.

I'd personally rather buy more FO's. Then again, I know that what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for anyone else. As long as you're happy with what you do, go for it. HTH santa big

You are right. I just never looked into sample packs before. I didn't realize there were that many options. Thank you so much for your info