Wicking Ecosoya Advanced

Hello All! I am new to this forum, but have been testing on and off for about a year. I wish I would've found the forum sooner, as I have spent the last couple of weeks searching through posts and reading, reading, reading. I am using Ecosoya Adv, grated color (about 1/4-1/2 tsp) from dye blocks and about 1 1/2 oz FO per pound now.

Here's my little dilemma... I use HTP 31 in my tealights and they are working fabulous. The HT is amazing in these little things. Well, I am using HTP 83 in 6 oz hex jars and HTP 104 in 9 oz hex jars. They are burning well and I am getting FMP in 2-3 hour burn times, wax is burning completely across and down in subsequent burns. What I don't understand is why does it seem that two tealights, and sometimes even 1 tealight, have a better HT than these other jars?

I do want to throw in that I have RRD-40 here, that I am testing alongside an HTP-83 in a 6 oz hex, I have samples of RRD-47, 50 and 55 and I also have a sample pack of CD wicks on the way from Bittercreek, (since it seems a lot of people like these, I thought I'd give them a shot). Candlewic suggested RRD wicks, but for some reason, I haven't been really impressed with them, maybe b/c they seem to drown out?

Anyways, I really wondered if anyone had an idea why the HT is so dramatic in the tealights, as opposed to the other ones. Thanks for any help!! It's GREATLY appreciated:bow:

Erica

Hi Erica, welcome to the forum.

Im not going to be much help Im afraid, but if you find out why the t-lights throw great, I'd sure like to know! I have a heap of CBAdvanced I want to get rid of. Im done with mollycoddling the rotten stuff!

Did you use the same FO in both the t-lights and the jar? Was the wax from the same batch? Was the cure time the same for both? How about FO added and pour temps?

Ive never made that wax into t-lights. I figured that with its poor hot throw in containers, what chance has a t-light got!

I did use the same FO in both the containers and tealights and actually a couple different FO have done this, where the tealights are great, but the container isn't. Same wax, same temps from melting, to mixing, to pouring. I cure for about 48 hrs. With two different FO I burned the tealights after 2 days, then didn't burn the containers until a couple more days after that. I know that Eco Adv has a bad rep for HT, but I just don't understand the difference between containers?! Hopefully someone can help. Thanks for you input!!