Similar question - Soy pillar candles - burning

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time posting. :grin2: My question is similar to one posted earlier today regarding how a palm pillar should burn, but I was curious about soy. I didn't want to hijack that thread, so I figured it would be best to start a new one.

Like palm pillars, is the goal the same for soy pillars – to just leave a thin shell when burned? I use EcoSoya PB and the candles usually burn leaving a shell with a little spill over now and then, however I would prefer the candles to self consume rather than leave a shell. (Although, I have to say, the electric tealight idea Stella suggested in the other thread does look nice.) Is it possible to make a self consuming soy pillar? In searching the forum, the answers seems to be pointing towards no, but I'm hoping maybe someone perhaps figured something out and could share some insight on how they did it?

I have had more difficulty with soy pillars because they tend to BLOOM. However, I don't find any advantage to leaving shells with them because the wax is simply not as pretty as is palm wax for translucent shells. Soy pillars CAN be wicked to completely self-consume, but it's a tedious process to find just the right balance. I have had more luck with reducing the amount of heat (which seems to encourage the "blooming") which encourages the pillar to burn very slowly than I have wicking up to consume the wax more quickly.

I keep meaning to order one of these "followers" to see if it will help *tame* the blooming habit and allow the pillar to self-consume more normally.