Help! I Smell Burnt Pumpkin Souffle!

I test burned a pumpkin souffle candle yesterday 70/30 blend - 464/4627 with a CD14 wick in an 8 oz. sq. mason 8% FO cured for 6 days. The first 4 hour burn the scent was very good, but on the second burn it smelled TERRIBLE! Kinda like something burnt. Has anyone experience this? I have only seen wonderful reviews for the scent so I'm wondering if my wick could be too large. I don't understand why the first burn was good and not the second. I talked to CandleScience and they could only suggest the wicking was off. They don't sell the CD's so couldn't really help me except for recommending the Ecos. Can anyone advise me please. TIA

I have the same issue with Pumpkin Souffle, I seem to pick up on a slightly burnt note when I burn more then once. But it can't hurt to try a different wick, I dont use CD's so I cannot suggest one to you but I can say that I have tried eco's in the past and I tend to get a burnt smell with them so I never considered them. HTH

I am the same with the pumpkin souflee..smells burnt to me no matter the wick I use. I did best with the CD 10 in my jar, which is 2.80 ID, but not fantastic. I have since put it on the back burner for later. I may bring it back out and try the cinn stick..thanks for the tip Dixie! Good Luck with testing.

I, too bought this for the great reviews, but found that after a few burns it starts smelling nasty. It's even worse when I put the jar lid on a cold burnt candle and open it up a week or 2 later. Yuck! I used to like this FO but now I can't stand it. :lipsrseal

All the ECO's made it smell toasted. With an 8 oz square mason I used a CD10 which worked okay. I'll have to try it mixed with cinnamon, since I have alot of FO left.

Naomi

I got a 1oz bottle just to test it.. and I'll admit I am NOT a pumpkin fan, or in general a fan of FO's that smell like food (aside from fruit scents) so I wasnt shocked when I found that I HATED the Pumpkin Souffle - but so did my husband and all 5 of my test smellers (The local post office workers. Not kidding, I bring candles by when I ship orders and they test them for me , lol) so.. I dont think its just you, I think there is something wrong with the FO itself. I let it cure a full two weeks, 10% in an 8oz square mason.. burned one after 3 days and the other after the two weeks... both smelled "off" to me. I hated it in the bottle too. im just not a fan.

I've been pouring @ 8% in CB-135 soy (square mason) and 6% in paraffin (jelly jar.) No problem or complaints so far. In fact had a couple of soy re-buys.

I'm wondering if this may be like the citrus. A high % of that gave off a fuel smell for me.