crack in candles

can anyone tell me what would cause my candles to crack like this. I dont think it has anything to do with the frangrance because it happened to two different fragrances. I use j50 wax. I hope the picture uploaded right.

100-0483

Edited by tamese

it's a crack in the middle of the candle. I was wondering if it would effect the way the candle burned
Since you are using J50, I'm assuming this is a container candle. It could affect the burn if the crack has a deeper cavern underneath that you cannot see because, if it's deep enough, the wax from the MP will run into the crack leaving too much wick exposed. I dunno what caused this as I do not use your wax, but it sounds like a cooling issue. You could try heatgunning the top to fill the crack or remelting the candle in the oven. As the candle is cooling, while the wax is still slushy, try moving the wick around a little to disturb any cracks or voids that are forming. That's my best guess. HTH :) Edited by Stella1952