Square jar "cube" question.

Trying to offer something a little more contemporary. Been fighting with these square jars 3" X 3" across the flats, 4" diagonally. Single wicking I am trying ECO-10 ECO-12 and ECO-14's currently. All seem to have a torch burning, 1" to 1 1/4" flames. I dont like the flames that high. When I drop down below an ECO-10 it burns good for awhile then drowns out toward the middle. Thought about double wicking with ECO-6's. Not sure where to go next...frustrated.

Using C3 with 6% FO with a little liquid dye.

Anyone mastered the square jar?

I have a libby square jar like that it comes with a lid. don't know what wax you are using, but with the ecosoya advanced I used a cd 18 first and it did the job. So I tried the cd 16 and was working also,:yay: better

Hope that helps,

Linda

Sorry I did see you are using the c3. I love the square jars.

Edited by soy327

Sounds like you have the same jar I do. If you have the cube from the "geometric" Libbey line, there isn't a lid for it, according to the people at Libbey. There is another square Libbey jar that has one, but it's kind of big & clunky IMHO. I'm still experimenting & pondering how I'm going to package these, and I'm hoping the lack of a solid lid won't be detrimental...:confused: They do look great, though. Oh, BTW, I'm using GB464, so don't know how different your wax will be.

In the 3x3 jar, I'm using a CD16, and it does a great job. The CD18 was too hot, the 14 left too much hang. It is liquid by the end, but not until it gets down to where people shouldn't be burning it anyway. :smiley2: The jar feels warm, but not alarmingly hot. I didn't want to have a candle that left half the wax clinging to the sides...that always annoyed the crap out of me when I was buying instead of making!

Edited by Catlover

I tested my jars with the ecosoya advanced and the cd 16 worked good. They are nice jars but $$$ w/shipping. I also have some square jars from the dollar store (no lid). I was thinking of covering with a piece of lace fabric and tying ribbon around to hold it in place (for packaging). My theme is Victorian.

:yay:Linda

I tested my jars with the ecosoya advanced and the cd 16 worked good. They are nice jars but $$$ w/shipping. I also have some square jars from the dollar store (no lid). I was thinking of covering with a piece of lace fabric and tying ribbon around to hold it in place (for packaging). My theme is Victorian.

:yay:Linda

If you're going Victorian, might I suggest slightly off white lace with a red velvet ribbon?

When I read that an image of that old velvet wallpaper popped into my head. Like this.

Dustpuuppy,

I think you are on the same path with me. Nice Victorian paper in that pic, But:confused::confused: I was thinking a little lighter, Then I'm thinking "The Lady In Red" I'll have to think about this one. Thanks:yay::yay::yay:or do both.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Linda

Sounds like you have the same jar I do. If you have the cube from the "geometric" Libbey line, there isn't a lid for it, according to the people at Libbey. There is another square Libbey jar that has one, but it's kind of big & clunky IMHO. I'm still experimenting & pondering how I'm going to package these, and I'm hoping the lack of a solid lid won't be detrimental...:confused: They do look great, though. Oh, BTW, I'm using GB464, so don't know how different your wax will be.

In the 3x3 jar, I'm using a CD16, and it does a great job. The CD18 was too hot, the 14 left too much hang. It is liquid by the end, but not until it gets down to where people shouldn't be burning it anyway. :smiley2: The jar feels warm, but not alarmingly hot. I didn't want to have a candle that left half the wax clinging to the sides...that always annoyed the crap out of me when I was buying instead of making!

I use those square containers, I buy little rolls of adhesive squares (they have 2 sizes). I use the small ones for that container. They are nice and sticky and adhere to top edge of the container.If the corner gets lifted for a sniff, they stick right back. They are clear, you can hole punch the top before you put them on, that works too. Oh, I get them from TC's $1.92 for 24.

Kyme