Dipped animals in coffe cup

safaripat

Somewhere on here someone posted about dipping small stuffed animals then filling a coffee mug half full & sitting the animal in the cup. You can then put it on a candle warmer. I can't find the post again. Was wondering if someone else has try this.

I did one & it looks so cute sitting on the warmer. (and smells great).

Pat

Well, it is very decorative & cute. I have had it on the warmer in a mug type cup for 4 days & it is fine. ( the mug is about 1/4 full & the animal dipped also. Most of the animal is half out of the cup.

Am just trying this out. This is why I posted to see if anyone else saw the post on this. I couldn't find it. I have never posted a picture before but if I can figure it out I will. Pat

Darlatoms, thanks for the reply. I couldn't find your post. They are very cute to set on a warmer. Do you have any pictures of the ones you did?

What did you charge? I am thinking about $12. Pat

Edited by safaripat
another question

If the mug gets hot enough to melt the wax, the arms will drip all over the warmer and furniture.

It just seems like whoever came up with this idea didn't bother to think it through.

I have to agree with Sliver on this one. Whats to stop the arms from getting warm and dripping? Fire Hazard written all over it! :shocked2:

Your right, I am looking for smaller animals. But was just wanting to test one out for myself. Been on a warmer day & night 5 days no dripping no fire. The wax on the kitten isn't even warm.

I will try with a smaller animal. I had to get a big coffee mug to fix the kitten in.

Darlatoms did you have any probems with the animals getting to hot & wax dripping?

• 2 weeks later...