Heatgun question

Ok I have asked about my problem before but have one more question. Im using IGI6006 and get a small sink hole so I am using a heat gun now to correct the isue. Im using a 9oz hex jar. My question is when using the heatgun I notice if I heat the side of the jar I get a smoother top then when I just go over the top with the heat gun I get frost. The only problem is I melt alot more when I do the side of the jar. Will this affect my outcome of the candle If I am melting more of it down?

Edited by almaga

The only problem is I melt alot more when I do the side of the jar. Will this affect my outcome of the candle If I am melting more of it down?

If you mean will it affect the burn characteristics of the candle, the answer is no. It can, however, affect the appearance.

How high are you filling the jar?

I am filling it to the neck not all the way up probably the first line of the neck. I was worried about the FO not being as strong if I do it this way. Its just alot smoother on top when I heat it from the sides but like I said it melts more of the wax...

I dunno if it would make a difference with your sinkholes (I don't use the same wax as you do - I use NatureWax C3), but I fill mine to the point where the wax JUST touches the top of the shoulder.

They should be very easy to level with a heatgun from the top... just keep the gun moving and don't get too close & burn the wick. Since 6006 is a parasoy blend, I find it amazing that it's frosting from a little heatgunning!!! :shocked2:

Have you checked IGI's website and registered to receive the Technical Data sheets for your wax to see if you are following the manufacturer's handling guidelines?

Are you setting the candles on a rack & covering with a box so that air can circulate all the way around the candles so they cool slowly & evenly?

Honest - you shouldn't be having THIS much trouble getting a smooth, level top with a high performance parasoy blend... :confused:

Edited by Stella1952