Votive wicking

Hello again. I am so happy to have this group. You are all so helpful and quick to answer. I am stumped over my votives. I am using ecosoya pillar blend and I have tried, htp 31, 41, 52, 62, Lx 14 and 16 and I'm not happy with these. I have 16 burning right now and it seems ok so far but I would think that is to big as far as the wick guides on the sites such as candlescience.com. Do any of you use this wax and if so what wicks do you use for the votives? Thanks, Jeanne

I use LX 20's in my votives and I use ES PB. I get at least a 12 hour burn with them and very good throw. I know that there are others who use smaller LX's but this is what works for me. I prime and tab my own wicks so this may be a factor.

In general I find that I have to wick up from the CS wick guide. I don't know if it has something to do with cooler temperatures, mountain air etc. but I sell aot of votives and people really like the way they burn. I guess it comes down to just using what works for you.

HTH a little

Edited by nursenancy