I need tips on making bath bombs!!!

cozyaromas

Here are the ingredients I am using: citric acid, corn starch, baking soda, essential oil of lavender, almond oil, water and food color. After I finish going through the basic receipe I pressed into the mold let it sit for about 60 minutes, flipped on a cookie tray and let air dry for at least 4 hrs. Am I missing something???

Some came out okay, but not rock hard. I used some ocean type molds and one was a dolphin. When I popped the dolphin it kinda crumpled up and broke. What am I doing wrong?? I noticed on this board that some use witch hazel and not water. Is there a reason for this, and if so will they keep my bombs hard and not crumbly where they fall apart? Where can I find some good witch hazel?

:embarasse Sorry for so many questions, but I wanted them to come out perfect! I feel like crushing them up and trying all over again, is that possible??:embarasse

Landa, here's the receipe

1/2 cup citric acid

1 cup baking soda

1/2 cup corn starch

powdered food coloring

10 to 20 drops of essential oil

1/2 tsp almond oil, sweet

spray bottle of water

combine citric acid, baking soda and corn starch. Mix well make sure there are no lumps. Add food coloring, add essential oil and almond oil, mix well. While stiring with one hand, spray with water, until mixture can be packed together. Press into molds, allow to set for 30 to 60 min. Invert molds on cookie sheet and tap out, allow to air dry for 4 hrs.

What is your recipe?

I dont use water at all.