Inexpensive Photo Stock and Vector Images?

lsbennis

Yes...I did go to istock...they have some great vector illustrations but if I'm reading it correctly you can buy credits as you need them at $1.50 per credit and the average price of what Im interested in is anywhere from 15 to 25 credits so roughly I'm looking at about $25 to $40 dollars per image which is ok if I only need a few images but I may need quite a few more then that so this could easily add up to hundreds a dollars! :shocked2:

What kind of images are you looking for?

You might be better off getting some software that is royalty free for commercial use.

I do alot of tropical scents but I'm looking for pictures that would visually match the scent description so it could be alot of different images...

I guess I could just go with a description and not an image...:(

@NoOneSpecial & Grama...Im just using them for web graphics but where do you find the 1 to 3 credit image photos? Are they the ones in the Dollar Bin? I did look through those and found a few...I guess I should have another look at them.

@FunkyMonkey66...thanks for the info I will have a look at them.

@NoOneSpecial & Grama...Im just using them for web graphics but where do you find the 1 to 3 credit image photos? Are they the ones in the Dollar Bin? I did look through those and found a few...I guess I should have another look at them.

@FunkyMonkey66...thanks for the info I will have a look at them.

Once you click on the actual photo you can choose xsmall or small. Here is an example: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-4825101-soap-with-natural-ingredients.php

Thanks NoOneSpecial...that makes sense now, but here is the odd thing, when I go to illustrations/vector they only come in one size and there is no option for a smaller size unless I'm just not looking in the right place....here is an example of what I'm talking about...

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-2940984-coco-coconut.php

Thanks NoOneSpecial...that makes sense now, but here is the odd thing, when I go to illustrations/vector they only come in one size and there is no option for a smaller size unless I'm just not looking in the right place....here is an example of what I'm talking about...

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-2940984-coco-coconut.php

Well, vector images can be resized up and down and do not lose their resolution so that is probably why they are only available in one size. Do you have to have vector images?

You can also try clipart.com They have a few ways of using them. You can download all you want for a week for $14.95. You can search to see if there is anything you like before you join. If you are going to use them alot, the best way is to buy a software package one of the companies sells. It is called IMSI ClipArt&More 3.5 Million. It sells for about $40. With it, you get a full years use of the Clipart.com website. They also have 1000's of fonts that you can download also. I just saw it on buy.com for $30 and change. I've used alot of stuff from there. Most of it is clipart, some photo, and a bunch of other stuff. Ther great thing, is like the photo sites, you can see everything before you download it, and just about all of the images come in various file types. Many are vector, just about ALL of them are jpg or something else useful.

@NoOneSpecial...I do want to use some vector images as they work well with my site which is very tropical and bright and they fit nicely with that theme and some of them are absolutly adorable...lol...everything else I'm going to use the xtra small photo stock which is way more reasonable.:cheesy2:

@Javaboy...thanks for the tip on the clip art I will check out that sight...the only issue I had in the past was that I did not find the clip art to be as detailed as the vector but I will check into it again.

I just went on the clipart.com web site, searched for "Tropical" photos only and discarded any image with the word "fish" in the description, and still came up with over 3000 photos. I'm not saying these were all usable, but there literally are thousands of photographs, and probably tens of thousands of vector graphics on the site, you just have to get used to the search criteria to use. If you want to find vector artwork on the page, search for items that are in EPS format, or there is an option for "vinyl ready"

Edited by JAVAEBOY
Added additional comment