Jw 9900

I'm considering this wax. Actually, I was considering it, but something tells me it may not be a popular one with the experienced people here. I could buy the coconut oil from this same supplier, but I have GB464; do you think I could add some GB 464 instead of the coconut oil? :confused:

Thank you, Candlebuddy!

I went ahead and ordered it. This is the Just by Nature description:

A wonderful combination of soy wax, other vegetable waxes, food grade paraffin, and proprietary ingredients. JW-9900 comes to you neatly packaged in slabs, all separated by wax paper. We have helped create a wonderful container candle wax that provides excellent cold and hot scent throw without any curing time necessary. JW-9900 holds more fragrance than most waxes on the market; without seepage. JW-9900 clings nicely to the sides of jars, and has a nice creamy, glossy appearance. JW-9900 requires that you pour only once in most jars, allows you to create candles rich in color, and has a wonderful melt pool. Since you do not have to add any additives, it's a real joy to work with and it performs wonderfully. Each 57 lb. case contains 5 each 11.4 lb. slabs. Use this wax in containers only.

Wish me luck! :wink2:

Edited by Ravens
Copied and pasted wrong description

I pour it approx. 175, nice smooth tops, love it......I use 1.25 oz pp....1.5 on some of the lighter fragrances.....1oz pp for vanilla's. I'm very happy with the wax, less wet spots too. Very stable wax, IMO, I think you'll be pleased with it.

I let it cure about a day, then start burning, I'm using zinc core wicks right now, and have had great throw with the cd's too, I didn't need to change much from the 50/50 that I was using before I got the 9900.....

Let us know how you like the wax, I really am pleased with it.

Thanks for the info. I poured an 8oz. tureen, did not use dye, just the JW9900, and FO. I used the zinc 60-44-18. The top looks very smooth and creamy. Will let it sit for a day or two before burning it.

Franz, can you think of anything in my method that could be improved? (pouring temp, wick choice, amount of FO, etc.) Thank you so much for your help. Sounds like you're quite pleased with your results. Can you think of certain fragrances that throw especially strong in the JW9900?

Well, tonight I spotted a jar candle that I made using the JW9900; it'd been sitting on my shelves for a week, perhaps longer. I am really, really pleased with the HT. Unfortunately I don't think I have the correct wick size(zinc) because after one hour there is a bit of wax left all around the jar, but the scent is throwing like mad!:yay: