wicking 444....

Hello!

I have recently changed wax from 464 to 444 because I just couldn't get the scent throw from the 464 I was looking for. So far I am getting much better throw from the 444,but was wondering if I could get some opinions on my wicking. I am wicking an 8 oz. Madison jar with a 3 inch diameter, and am using 1.5 oz FO. I have tried several sizes of CD wicks, and I have attached a picture of 2 candles wicked with CD 14. I have done 6 3hour burn tests, and there is still a slight hang up on them. On the sixth test, I have finally achieved a full melt pool. It has also began to mushroom a little, and the jar is about as warm as I would like it to get. On one hand I would like to wick up to see if the sides would get a little cleaner, but on the other hand the candle is already starting to mushroom and I don't really want the jar to get much warmer. The melt pool has not been deeper than 1/4 inch, which I like. Oh ya, in the picture, the candle on the left was an experiment with coconut oil, which seems to burn much hotter than the candle on the right without. I prefer without. Well, I guess my question is by looking at the pictures, am I on the right track, or shoud I wick up to a 16? Thanks so much in advance for all responses...everyone here is always so helpful!:cheesy2: Opps..I'm having trouble attaching my photo.