Finally got my tart out of the bowl...

joanncat18

Ok, so I posted previously about the importance of being able to pop your tarts out of the bowl after they cool. I am using a blend of acu para 30 (container wax) and IGI pillar blend wax (4625). I tried a 50/50 blend and the tart looked and smelled great, but wouldn't pop out of the bowl, even after being in the freezer. So I changed it to 75% pillar and only 25% container wax. Still looks and smells great and finally did pop out after being in the freezer and taking the back of a spoon to it. But it wasn't that easy. What do you think? Should I back down even further on the container wax to make it easier? Or should I just leave it there since I WAS able to get it out. I wanted as much container wax in there as possible to make it creamy and improve the HT.

Have you tried just using the 4625? I still think you're having to put in too much effort to get the tart out. Try a small batch of just the 4625 without any of the container wax if you have not already. You may be happier with the looks and HT than you think.