Please help me w/ the jars!!!

I absolutely love these jars but for the life of me can't get them wicked w/o a hang up. I am using j223 w/ 1oz FO/lb and have tried Z62, RRD55 (left too much of a hang up) the cd's, cotton core & HTP all would smoke when I tried a wick big enough and left the jar very sooty. They are18oz and a little over 4" dia @ its widest point & tapers to approx. 2 1/2" towards the bottom. Has anyone sucessfully wicked these with one wick & had very little to no hang up left? Fortunately I have till Spring to get these wicked & I may just need that long!!!

post-314-139458386112_thumb.gif

I'd definately double wick those if I were you. They'll burn much better and give you awesome scent throw. It's very difficult to single wick a container that size. What kinds and sizes of wicks do you have to work with? If you've got any LX wicks...two LX-12's or 14's might do well.

Oh, if only I could dble wick these jars!! I have reg apoths & I dble all of them & it makes life so much darn easier! There really isn't enough room in these jars for dbling wicking, which is why I think they are such a PITA! I know it can be done though b/c I've seen them for sale w/ one wick:sad2: I just can't figure out how the heck their doing it!!! I have all the usual wicks & their sizes to work with and them some.

I use jars with 223 that are wider at the top than the bottom.. 4" diameter. I wick for the middle. If you wick for a good mp at the top, you will burn too fast at the bottom and have a greater chance of smoke and soot. I do have film and hangup at the top, but by the time it gets to the middle, the sides are thinning and coming down. When it hits bottom it is buring with sides clean and the mp does not get too big. The heat that builds up in these taller jars as they burn down helps bring down the hangup. I personally like lx wicks with this wax. The 26 is a good place to start for most fo's. HTH.., good luck - the jars are beautiful.

Thank you all for your replies. I came across a site last night w/ the exact same jars w/ a wick recommendation of 62Z. Since I've been there, done that & wasn't thrilled with the results I think I will try the LX wicks now. Sherl, if you can get jars like that wicked :shocked2: then there hope for me & these jars yet :yay: Off to dig out my LX26's! Thanks again everyone!