I'm sorry but another wick question...

I use C3 and jelly jars. I used to use LX wicks but switched to Ecos because I didn't like the mushrooms. But when I used LX, I usually tested with an LX 20 first and went from there up to an LX 24. I had one scent that I used an LX 26 with. I don't remember using anything lower than LX20. I use 1.5 FO pp. On 16 oz. mason jars, one higher than the jj usually worked.

HTH

Deb

Once again... the Wickit website has a good, basic recommendation chart that not only gives a range of recommendations for specific wick types & applications, but also allows you to compare wick sizes among all the wicks they carry. The link below will take you straight to the CD/CDN recommendations, but by scrolling up or down, you can see the recommendations of all their other wick types for comparison. Note that each application may have several wick sizes listed. This helps to allow for differences in waxes, FOs & additives.

http://www.wickit.net/recommendations.html#scd

For 8 oz. jelly jars, with NatureWax C3, USA & UV additives and 1 oz. FO pp, I generally try a CDN 8-12. Usually the 10 works best for me, although I've had a few exceptions that took 8s or 12s. I far prefer the 8 oz. widemouth canning jars to 8 oz. JJs as they are easier to wick and burn more consistently from beginning to end because the height of the container is the same or less than the jar's inside diameter. HTH :)