Adding a new line??

jennyjo

I am trying to make a business decision and it is driving me crazy. I sell primitive mason jar candles currently. I have been contemplating adding a new status jar line, because I have people that are looking for something more contemporary. I was going to have different scents in those jars, but then I am worried people will start asking can you do this scent in this jar and all that. Does anyone do this without a problem or is it a bad idea?

I tried that one time and I ran into the very problem you are talking about. Drove me crazy. Since then I just use the same scents in all my containers. ONe thing I didn't try was to use the same scent named differently to match the more contemporary container.

HTH

Actually, for me, my customers generally just like the jelly jars and other country types. I live in a cheap area though. They usually choose the biggest for the cheapest. Contemporary doesn't really sell for me. I try to keep one container available that is what I think of as "gifty." But every time I try a more "elegant" type of jar, they just won't pay the price that I have to charge to cover the cost of the jar.

It is kind of discouraging.

I can understand that completely. I have a mix of types in my area and my hubby has some more "upscale" friends that he knows through work. I am just nervous, but I guess it's worth a shot. I personally love my mason jars and we live near an Amish community so the prim demand is here.