bath bomb frosting

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

i frosted my cupcakes thursday night and they still aren't dry. i used the recipe off the brambleberry site they are like frosting just rubbery pliable.......has anyone done these and be able to tell me if this is right?

Laura

That recipe is CRAP! I made it about two weeks ago and the frosting finally firmed up a bit. The sad part is, the "frosting" is more like ICING....as it oozed into a puddle right before my eyes! I never did get a good swirl. As you put it in the tub, it melts into globs and never completely dissolves. I also don't like all of the merengue powder used. That stuff is ridiculously expensive and doesn't really add much to the final product IMO. Stay away from the WSP recipe too. (using FBB and MP soap) It is rubbery and gross feeling too. :angry2: HTH!!

Guest jurnalynn

kindof making me nervous now i did get a good swirl and i think today its starting to harden i was thinking its the humidity i guess i should let my daughter take a bubble bath tommmorrow to see if it bubbles.........lol

Laura

Guest jurnalynn

i thought i would update everyone on these.........the frosting never really got as hard as it was supposed to i just put my kids in the tub with one i added it while the water was running so i could get the bubble effect well the only bubbles i had in the tub was from my daughters shampoo i used the one that had more frosting and i broke the frosting up under the running water. i can now second the huge big waste of money that recipe thankfully it has been raining a lot and i didn't get as many done as i had planned........there won't be any bath bomb cupcakes at my booth tommorrow......lol

Laura

Guest jurnalynn
Is there a better frosting recipe that works better or is the whole bath cupcake thing going to be a waste of time as a whole?

i hope not they are so cute i,m thinking of making the bath bomb bubble and use the royal frosting recipe for effect

laura

i think ive finally came up with a recipe for frosting soap.

i used fbb, mp soap, meringue powder and cornstarch.

made a small batch last night, it still looks great so far, you can touch it, it holds its shape, it does feel like a hard marshmallow, i broke one open this morning, its spongey, but it doesnt crumble or fall apart, it lathers, i didnt put any fo or color into yet just yet.

Im hoping they dry more and the meringue powder makes them a bit harder, we will see.

I frosted one bath bomb cupcake with it, i'll post a pic in the gallery.