Lonestar FO's in CP

beau's mama

I just reminded myself of Lonestar when I responded to Dana mae's post. They were one of the first suppliers I used when I started this obsession. They also used to sell SFIC soap, but I guess that's no more.

Anyway, I was looking at the "scents that rock in CP" sticky and didn't find anything on Lonestar. Or maybe I' m just blind :confused: When I did a search, I mainly found reviews for their fo's in candles.

So, my question is: What LCS fo's rock in CP? Maybe we can get that list going in the sticky. I've only used their oakmoss, creamy vanilla, and mulberry. Loved the first 2, hated the last one.

Do they still ship in glass?

I'm looking to replace a couple of OT oils, mainly mango, coconut, summer strawberry and lilac.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

They aren't shipping in glass. Heavy white plastic last I got from them.

Not sure many have tried LS in soap. I couldn't find much on the review board either.

I've only soaped Pure Seduction and at the time felt it came out too light in CP. It didn't fade, but I think the fragrance lost a few notes. I used that 1 oz ppo and gelled. Key might be not to gel too, but I don't like waiting a week to pull my soap and hope it's hard enough to cut. Maybe it wouldn't in other processes though, I don't know. Am going to try the Nectarine and Pink Coral one.

Wish I could tell you more, but I can't.

I would also love to here what others have soaped from LS:yay:

Here my list of Lone Star scents that have came out great in CP~

Sweet Pea

Verbena Bamboo

Love Spell

Cool Citrus Basil

Tommy Bahama

Lavender

Mulberry

I have Happy that I will be soaping within the next day or so.

I soaped their Pink Grapefruit, it smelled and ended up looking like one of those pink school erasers, lol.

I have not made soap with LStars scents. But I have used a lot of them for candles. If you want to know what they smell like. Starrville Soaps is a great place to get soap stuff. They sell in glass, and they got a kick butt strawberry, coconut. I go to their store so I can tell you what their scents smell like too. They also have a lot of soap molds, and containers. In Texas. Starrville Soaps.

Alright soaped the White Nectarine and Pink Coral and did a water reduction. My batch had a purplish/gray (hint of red maybe) hue to it after adding honey (which I won't do again, because trace took forever.) I'm hoping it will come out fine. Will know in a few days I suppose.

Since it isn't getting forced through gel, it has kept its scent so far. Will see how it behaves. Used 1 oz ppo. No acceleration, but the discoloration will not be easy to know, especially since honey seems to discolor that I've noticed.

I need to try to remake that White Nectarine and pink coral one without the use of honey because I had a strange event happen and want to see if it was caused by the honey or the FO. Either way, I have soap, but one might be pretty as this batch is ugly lol.

Soaped a small batch of CK-1 -- CP -- and it was sloooooooooooooooow to trace even with a water discount. If it behaves like white nectarine did, I may have to scream lol. Used 1 oz ppo. Tried to color with black into natural, so something ought to show if this discolors. Ah and absolutely no honey in this batch. I'm getting sick of that stuff.

Well turns out CK-1 is made for MP so I take it that means it isn't for CP, but I'll wait through the gel to see what happens. What I find I don't like about Lone Star is that there is only a mention of the fragrance being skin safe, but that doesn't necessarily mean it works in all soap processes and I don't want to hope it does only to find out it doesn't. I'm wondering if that's the reason why there are so few reviews for them in CP?