OMG - I'm catching the bug

nursenancy

I've been researching soap recipes and stuff for a few days and I think I'm gonna try soap making.....as if my life were not complicated enough

I have not shared this with my husband, I think he'll leave me.

I think I'm gonna start out with the beginner recipe

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25595

and some household stuff (pringles cans?). Not gonna buy any molds or anything......yet. Whaddya think?

Oh Lord help me........I'm fixated :rolleyes2

It's sooooooooo much fun! You're gonna love it! I'm up to my eyeballs in curing soap..........i.........can't...........stop........!

I like making candles.....but soap....wow. I'm totally hooked.

I've been using an 8x8 baking pan for 2 years, lol........waiting for my first "real" mold, should be here in a few weeks! :yay:

Can't wait to hear about your first soap!

Dana

I'm just afraid I'm going to be obsessed! I know I'm gonna be. I'm already looking at things in my house, saying "I think I can use that to make soap"

I going to try to wait till after the holiday weekend 'cause I need to sell some candles!

How long do you think I can hide this from my husband? :tiptoe:

He isn't very observant - LOL

WHEN I was still married, my husband was all for it (but didn't know how much I was spending!) :tiptoe:

Seriously though, I hated lining molds...although I've always wanted to do a round mold, it seems the bars of soap would be awkward in the hand.....never used one, but I sure love the way they look! Eventually I got some nice silicone bakeware.....still my boring 8x8 pan....I haven't had much luck with the loaf one I got at the same time.

Anyhow....ENJOY! And welcome to the addiction

dana