Ricing in CP?

Suzanne

I think I just had a batch of cp soap rice on me. When I added the FO to it, it looked like cream of wheat, so I kept mixing and mixing, but didn't help. So I went ahead and poured into the log mold to see what will happen. Am I gonna have to pitch this or will it turn out ok?? :sad2:

I was so bummed, this was gonna be my first attempt at layering. Same recipe I use all the time but have never soaped this FO before. The site says soap safe. oh well

I had this very same thing happen to me with my first batch of CP soap. I poured it into molds and let it sit for a day. The next day I cut it and had pockets of FO oozing and let it sit and cure and all the FO reabsorbed. The soap kinda looked like swiss cheese after it cured but turned out wonderful!! Just make sure it isn't pockets of lye.HTH!!

It turned out awful!! I unmolded it this morning and it looked like crap, oils and FO leaking out all over. I tossed it. Not soaping that FO again. BTW is was a cucumber melon FO. Evidently others have had luck soaping this FO, but not me. :mad: Noted in notebook - don't even attempt to CP soap this FO again!!

... The site says soap safe. oh well

If they don't have reviews for how a FO does in CP, then soap safe may just mean that the ingredients are rated for safety in bath and body applications, maybe melt & pour soap or hot process. Just cuz it says soap safe doesn't always mean CP safe - the cold process reaction is hard on ingredients. I usually check http://scentreviewboard.obisoap.ca/ first to see if anyone has any comments about it.