Blending Palm wax for bakery melts?

We use both Palm and Soy wax for our various types of candles. Feathering Palm for our melts and pillars and GW 415 soy for our jars.

As we are now looking at adding some bakery lines (melts mainly) to our range I was wondering about blending palm. I love the palm wax, but do not want feathering on my cinni buns or donuts. Rather than introducing another wax (soy pillar) into the mix, can I blend some of the feathering palm, either with a percentage of container palm or my GW 415 soy to stop the feathering and give a smooth finish?

having said that I may still have to get some of the pillar soy for the cinni bun frosting and donut icing anyway, but thought the question was worth asking in case someonw here has tried the various blending options.

Cheers

Richard

Try pouring just the palm much cooler. I let it cool until it has a decent crust on the top then whip it to use as grubby frosting tops on molded grubby breads and have little to no crystalization. Also I have noticed that it crystalizes less when I use it with my silicone bread/cinnamon bun molds so the silicone may reduce it too. See if that works for the look you are going for.

It works great. You just loose most of the pattern. Just wait until it forms a crust on the top before you start whipping or you will be whipping forever. That said once it is whipped work fast because it sets up and gets crumbly pretty quickly. Once it does just pop it back in the waterbath for a few seconds until it starts to liquify then you can whip it again. I have been making the hand grubbied muffins for quite a few years with good results. When I started I whipped it with just a fork but I have changed over to an inexpensive hand mixer in one of the short pour pots with great results.

One the cinnamon buns I sometimes get a little crystalization but it looks like they are sugar dusted.

Let us know how it works for you.