Am I Just a Klutz?

OK, I'm sure this has been addressed, but "fo" is so common, searching the forums is giving me too many hits.

When I pour my FO's, I invariably dribble some down the side of the bottle, no matter how slow or fast I try to do it. Is there some magic method of getting the oil from the original bottle to my measuring glass that I'm too dense to figure out? :confused: Not a big fan of wasting money!

Terri

I use flip-top squirt lids on my FO botles. I don't use a measuring glass (because FO should be weighed, not measured). I place the pour pot with hot wax on my scale and tare. Then I squirt the FO into it until it weighs the correct amount. Easy-peasy and no glass to clean out.

HTH:)

I use flip-top squirt lids on my FO botles. I don't use a measuring glass (because FO should be weighed, not measured). I place the pour pot with hot wax on my scale and tare. Then I squirt the FO into it until it weighs the correct amount. Easy-peasy and no glass to clean out.

HTH:)

I do the same thing. They are reusable too, so I just use the cap on the next bottle of the same scent.

I'm assuming I can find the squirt lids at any dollar store, etc. BTW, I do weigh my FO, I just use the glass measuring cup so I can see how close the different fo's are in weight/volume, just for the heck of it, I guess. Although putting the whole shebang on the scale does eliminate a step and sound like a great idea! (Although, until I get the squirt tops, I'd still spill some FO down the side of the bottle in that process, I'm sure.:sad2: ) Thanks~~

I dunno how easy it'll be to find flip top lids to fit... Best to ask the supplier of your FOs if they have flip-top lids in sizes that fit their FO bottles and then order from them. I don't have much trouble with the plain bottles I get... just try not to pour too slowly! Seems like the slower I pour, the more likely the bottle will drip.:undecided

I'm assuming I can find the squirt lids at any dollar store, etc. BTW, I do weigh my FO, I just use the glass measuring cup so I can see how close the different fo's are in weight/volume, just for the heck of it, I guess. Although putting the whole shebang on the scale does eliminate a step and sound like a great idea! (Although, until I get the squirt tops, I'd still spill some FO down the side of the bottle in that process, I'm sure.:sad2: ) Thanks~~

I have a lot of extra tops. If you want some PM me. I get drips even with the tops but it is a little easier.

Stella,

What type of scale do you have sounds like a good one that you are able to put your hot wax on? The ones I have seen and have are plastic and I would be afraid to do that. I am going to start using glove all of the time also since I broke out in hives 2 weeks ago. I always seem to get the fo all over my hands. Today is the first day I have not had a break out.

Stella,

What type of scale do you have sounds like a good one that you are able to put your hot wax on? The ones I have seen and have are plastic and I would be afraid to do that. I am going to start using glove all of the time also since I broke out in hives 2 weeks ago. I always seem to get the fo all over my hands. Today is the first day I have not had a break out.

I have some old potholders I use. I put that on, then the pot, and then I tare it to add FO.

What type of scale do you have sounds like a good one that you are able to put your hot wax on? The ones I have seen and have are plastic and I would be afraid to do that.

I put a potholder down on the scale first to keep the hot pour pot from damaging it. ;)

I am going to start using glove all of the time also since I broke out in hives 2 weeks ago. I always seem to get the fo all over my hands.

I have seldom gotten FO on my skin - do you immediately wash it off when you spill on yourself? Gloves might help if you are getting THAT much FO on your skin, but if you have hives on the trunk of your body (or face), gloves ain't gonna help you! FO is very strong and should never come in contact with your skin undiluted... If you weren't allergic already, the undiluted stuff could sure sensitize one in a hurry!!

You might wanna consider staying away from candlemaking until the hives go away...