Bert's Angel ?

safaripat

• 1 year later...

Angel is my fav perfume so have it around for comparison. I have used Bert's in my 464 and it's pretty darn close. Even closer if used just as a warmer oil. It is a light scent in soy and again stronger as a warmer oil. I've tried the one from CS and one other place that I can't remember right now and hers seems to be a better dupe.

Now, I bought some CP soap and lotion from a boardmember here that uses the Angel from Sweetcakes. That is a dead-on dup. And, it's also stupid expensive, $66 for a pound. So, probably wouldn't recommend it for candles. But if you can afford it, it seems to be fantastic in B&B products. The soap and lotion I got was scented just right, not too much or too little. She mentioned that her clients swear by the fragrance as well.

hth - j

Thanks so much! I had a BUNCH of FO's I was going to order from Bert's last week and then went to the site and saw how much trouble she is having getting scents from that one supplier so that killed almost my whole order, but I like Bert/customer service/pricing, etc. so was looking for "new" things to add to my line from her and especially wanted the Angel type for bath and body.

That's outrageous at sweetcakes! LOL Too bad....guess I'll just have to buy Bert's put it in bath and body and check it out. At least, I know it's pretty close in waxes....seems like if a review is good in wax and oob for a dupe, it's usually at least decent all the way around. :)

For a dead on dupe of Angel try Interlude from Aroma Haven/Rustic Essentials.

I was one of the "idiots" that bought from Sweetcakes...first the expensive one and then their reduced cost version. The reduced cost version got too expensive for me and while checking out what I wanted from AH/RE I saw their dupe for Angel. You can read what they say about it on their website.

A good friend of mine fell in love with the Sweetcakes version so I poured a candle for her to test for me using Interlude. I told her to please be honest with me after burning the candle and tell me if there was a difference. She said...no difference. And when she wants more candles she will call me and ask for "that other scent that smells like Angel".

For a dead on dupe of Angel try Interlude from Aroma Haven/Rustic Essentials.

I was one of the "idiots" that bought from Sweetcakes...first the expensive one and then their reduced cost version. The reduced cost version got too expensive for me and while checking out what I wanted from AH/RE I saw their dupe for Angel. You can read what they say about it on their website.

A good friend of mine fell in love with the Sweetcakes version so I poured a candle for her to test for me using Interlude. I told her to please be honest with me after burning the candle and tell me if there was a difference. She said...no difference. And when she wants more candles she will call me and ask for "that other scent that smells like Angel".

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. You don't have any personal experience with Bert's "Angel," do you?

bert's angel smells nothing like the interlude or angelheart from AH/RE. IMO, bert's smells nothing like the candle science angel either. i really do not like bert's, although many of her oils are great, this has been regulated to use in my laundry. Candle Science angel is very nice, but that doesn't smell like the real angel either and it is not B & B safe. compared to a friend who buys the real stuff, we decided that the interlude is the closest to hers. HTH - kris