Palm/Soy Blended

Hi There,

I've been making candles soy blend for about 7 years now and wanted to try the palm/soy mixed. Well last night I tried 80% soy 20% palm and this morning the jar looks terrible. The melts don't look much better. Could anybody give me advice on if they blend and how it went for them. I'm wondering if there are other addivitives you use. Thanks so much for any help.

Shelley

Well last night I tried 80% soy 20% palm and this morning the jar looks terrible. The melts don't look much better.

What do you mean by "terrible"? What were you trying to achieve? What kind of soy and what kind of palm wax did you blend?

This has been discussed recently here:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81207

I'm wondering if there are other addivitives you use

If you search the vegetable wax forum for "additives," you will find a lot of information. Again - additives for what purpose? What are you trying to achieve?

If you give us more specific information to go on, we can be of more assistance...:confused:

I use soy 415 and bought my Glass Glow Palm Wax from Candle Science. I wasn't sure if anybody was adding any additional additives such as cottonseed oil, coconut oil, etc. I'm planning on trying to do a blend of 90% soy and 10% palm to see what these look like.

As far as looks, the jar had what looked like major frosting (but of course I know this comes from the palm), but not just frosting all over, big areas of frost, then other areas looked pretty good. The melts ended up having more the look of palm wax in the clamshells but not all the way palm wax look. Boy, did that make any sense!!

My overall goal is to try and get a good looking candle, if possible, out of this.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Shelley