Can someone explain to me

:confused: weird. It reminds me of something totally off topic.. My husband and I went to a store to get a slushy drink and the clerk said it would be about a half hour for the slush machine to produce again because it was so frozen it got unfrozen. We still laugh at that to this day. I know it was one of those had to be there things but funny none the less because it made absolutely NO SENSE!!!!!! :laugh2:

*scratches head*

Since I didn't see their "formerly 10 oz. container" & dimensions, it's hard to guess.

Maybe they switched from classifying the containers by volume and switched to weight or vice versa...

Maybe they were in a hurry and meant that the 16 oz. containers had replaced the 10 oz. ones they used to carry...

Maybe their meds were recently adjusted - or their glasses...:shocked2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I...

Uh...

Ok, I have NO good explanation for that! I even tried to call them and ask, but all I got was a machine to leave a message.

It can't possibly be the same exact size and hold a larger amount. This has got to be some kind of crazy typo!

In actual fact...that container does hold 15 ounces of water if you pour to the very top of the neck. Libbey knows we wouldn't pour a candle that high...and therefore 10 ounces would be the most logical amount of liquid to pour. If you check out the Jar store's apothecary section, they show the jar and then it says "Soy pour 10 oz." right there in the description. Someone using that jar to pour something else other than wax into it could very well get 15 ounces into it. It was confusing for us at first as we use these jars ourselves.

The way Canwax describes it is not the best description either....rather confusing on their part. It would have made better sense to say that our former 10 oz jar has now been replaced with the Libbey 15 ounce, rather than the other way around. Not the first time Canwax has described something this way...at least I remember so when I was living in Canada and buying from them.

I agree....absolutely correct....but I honestly don't think Libbey cares about that....it's a marketing ploy....to make you think you're getting more for your buck. IMHO Also...technically...as far as advertising is concerned...they'd be correct in their statements as well....therefore eliminating a possible lawsuit for false advertising.

:rolleyes2 This is not a burning question to me. How a supplier decides to "rate" their container's volume means nothing to how I decide to rate them. A manufacturer has to make some decisions. Do they rate their product according to absolute volume or absolute weight or something more realistic? From what I see, they are trying their best to give a real idea of capacity. No one in their right mind pours candles up to the miniscus of a container!!! :)

Ok, here is another possible reason. The ozs. on the jars are not from water. They are measured by honey weight. How much the honey weights in the jar. That is why you can have a 9oz. hex, that holds only 8oz. of water. When I was doing a show years ago, my 9oz. hex box said 12oz. So I told the customer it was 12oz. I soon learned that was wrong. Have you noticed that each company seems to have a different size for many of our jars. I don't know what to tell them sometimes. This jar is a BIG difference. But they may be getting it from another company and that is what they call it. Confusing. Maybe their honey was heavier. Bees might have been pregnant. :yay:I think you should ask the company. But if it is 2 or 3 oz. It is the weight of the honey.

We use the 10 oz apothecary jars...which we pour 8 oz of wax in. I had someone question me as to why another booth had the same size jar but their label said 10 oz and mine said 8 oz and we were charging the same price. The person insinuated that we were overpriced. It was busy so I didn't try to explain - and, actually, I felt uncomfortable saying that their label could be inaccurate - that they probably had the same amount of wax in the jar but that the jar is "called" a 10 oz by the manufacturer.

Sorry...I guess this wasn't really the topic........lol

I guess my point is is that it can be very confusing........

lol Stella... I just thought it would make good discussion. It doesn't matter what THEY put it as.... I know what I put in it, and that is how I market it.....

I check each jar to see how much it holds. if I didn't do that, I could not accurately figure out my cost.:wink2:

LOL Jen, good discussion. I noticed that on their website a couple weeks back.... made no sense, so I moved on. And you might as well forget trying to contact them. I emailed them on another matter about 3 weeks ago and have heard zip back. Guess they are too busy to wait on their customers. It's a shame since it's one source up here for us that is reasonably priced on alot of items.