Labels and Software?

Catlover

I'm trying to figure out where to buy labels for my container candles...I'm using 3" and 4" cubes, and want either a clear or frosted label that will wrap maybe 3/4 of the way around each jar, and be safe with the heat created. My bigger question is what software have any of you used to create your logos? I have an idea in my head (that's a scary place), but am wondering how to get it into reality! (A simple black outline of the logo--Alfred Hitchcock-like, if any of you remember that TV show--with some verbage, blah blah. No solid background, so the candle shows through, if that makes sense. I'm not using any dyes--just natural color and will have the fragrance names in various colors on the label. I think.) Any experiences would be appreciated!

Terri

Terri

Have a look at www.labelsbythesheet.com for your label supply. We are using the 1 1/4" round for warning labels and the 1" x 4" Prarie craft labels for our tins. All of our other products are done with some raffia and a hang tag. They may have what you are looking for, and cheaper for you as well as you dont have the shipping costs that I have :)

As far as logo design is concerned, if you have Photoshop it is probably the best for doing that kind of stuff. Not too easy to get your hear around but possible. You can try www.photoshoplady.com for some idea on creating logos and things.

Cheers

Richard

Avery has free software for pc or mac. I use the clear 2x4 shipping labels and they look great on the containers. I can cut them in half for smaller jars like tumblers or use them whole for larger jars like salsas. The look is upscale and totally up to you with the software. You can buy expensive labels but the majority of my customers pay little attention to the labels (too busy sniffing the jars and asking me what's this one).

Thanks!! I'm most likely going to have to pay considerable shipping on my jars because I can't find them locally, so I'd sure like to be able to simplify the label process. I know you're right...beyond that first look, people just want to sniff! I appreciate the info:) !