Does anyone double wick with LX?

I am testing el soy in the apothecaries and am testing 2 lx 12's ...the burn and throw is AMAZING! My only concern is how hot the container gets...I am almost to the very end, another hour and it will be 3 hours...I am checking to see if the glass will shatter...:lipsrseal

Is there anyone else double wicking with LX's in straight soy? I am curious to see what others are using.....

I don't use your wax (I use GW444), and I think my jars are bigger than the ones you are using, if you are using the 10 oz apothecaries you mentioned in the other post.. mine are 16 oz Apoth...

I use 6% stearic as well.. which affects the hardness of my wax when its finished, I am testing one right now with double LX-24 and it seems to be doing pretty well. However towards the end of the jar, the flames aren't as bright and big as they were at the top.. but the sides of the jar are clean and the jar isn't really hot at all.. i can pick it up and move it around without thinking twice.. haven't tested it with FO yet.. that's coming this weekend.. :rolleyes2 something tells me though that I will have to wick up. But I am liking it so far

I've also found that double wicking with HTP 104s work pretty well with this size jar, but again no FO yet. The 105s work too, but my wicking was wayyyyy off center on that one so i need to start over as one side of the jar was smoldering and the other was untouched.

I would think that an HTP 83 or 93 double wicked might work with the 10 oz apoth.. I know the single 1312 works very well with my 16 oz, but the jar does get a bit too hot for my liking. The 1212 didn't cut it.. so i skipped those and tested the LXs and the Cotton Cores - I am liking the double C80 so far.. but only halfway down the jar right now.

I mentioned the HTP cuz in your other post you said you wanted to go with the HTP or LX for local accessibility.

HTH!!

Thanks....burned it until the end and it did good..but when I get my hands on some 10's, I'm going to try that just to see the difference.

I have a container here that is 5.5 round, going to try 3 lx 12's in that a nd see how it goes.

I'm telling ya, I have a new found appreciation for the LX and Zinc wicks! They used to make me curse like you would not believe!lol

I can't wait to get in my CD and Eco samples though! I gotta say, I loved the cd's that I have been able to test so far. Too bad I have to order from the States to get my hands on these!