Today is the day!!

samandkennasmom

Hi All!!

Ok, i'm all done looking a all my goodies,today is the day!Does anyone have a recipe I could try out? I bought some castor oil and glyercin. I have my farmhouse molds all ready, but I don't want boring white bars but I haven't bought any coloring yet for soap, if anyone has any ideas, that would be great!

Thanks

HuGs

Michele

you could add some cocoa powder if you have any to get a nice brown, sprinkle it over the mp before you melt it, it helps it not clump up

if you have tea (tea bags) you could open one and add it to your melted soap, keep stirring it until your soap is kinda thick so it stays suspended

any type of dried herbs (rosemary, basil, etc...) are nice in plain white soaps with some fragrance

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapmakingbasics/a/natcolors.htm

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com/soapcolors.html

There's a couple of lists, and there are MANY more out there of natural colorants that you can use in your soap.. Many things come right out of your kitchen cupboard, or if you don't have them, you can find them at the local grocery store!

There are tons of recipes here on this board if you do a search..

Something very simple would be to melt 1lb of base

Add 3 TBS goat milk

1TBS butter shea, mango, or cocoa... cocoa makes the hardest bars

1tsp liquid soap

1-2 tsp fragrance oil depending on what you use and how strong you like your soap to smell.. you can up that amount.

Whatever natural colorant you have on hand

melt everything together and mold

This is a VERY basic recipe and you can add ton more stuff and tweek it from here.

Thanks PA! Today came and went and no soap. My brother had to go for chemo today and I just felt so sad so didn't do any crafts. Man, cancer SUCKS so much it is indescrible and it affects your whole family. My days are just yucky, I don't even want to get out of bed. Just knowing all the pain your loved one is going thru!...Sorry didn't mean to blab. Tomorrow's another day I hope!

Hugs!

Michele

Sometimes, it's when you're down or otherwise BLAH that it's great to get some crafting done. I find after a bad day (or even during a bad day) I start to CRAVE going up to my craft space and just messing around with stuff for a while. If I get something nifty out of it, all the better.

Everyone's different, but maybe it could be a distraction for you if you give it the opportunity to.

• 3 years later...
http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapmakingbasics/a/natcolors.htm

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com/soapcolors.html

There's a couple of lists, and there are MANY more out there of natural colorants that you can use in your soap.. Many things come right out of your kitchen cupboard, or if you don't have them, you can find them at the local grocery store!

There are tons of recipes here on this board if you do a search..

Something very simple would be to melt 1lb of base

Add 3 TBS goat milk

1TBS butter shea, mango, or cocoa... cocoa makes the hardest bars

1tsp liquid soap

1-2 tsp fragrance oil depending on what you use and how strong you like your soap to smell.. you can up that amount.

Whatever natural colorant you have on hand

melt everything together and mold

This is a VERY basic recipe and you can add ton more stuff and tweek it from here.

Great recipe, even basic! Thanks!