Multi Base

LynnS

I saw where Alabaster has a multi base.With this you can do lotions,creams, body milk or body mists. Just add warm water for what you want to make.Like for cream 1 lb of water and so forth.Has anyone tried this??? The cost is only $4.99 for a lb of multi base and then use warm water.Sounds reasonable and simple to me.Of course add FO is wanted.

Any help or anything someone can add???We have well water so I might want to use bottled water(although I read no difference in the 2).

Just seems reasonable and simple and not alot of weight to up the shipping cost. A gallon of lotion to ship can be costly.

Thanks

LynnS

I've tried a multi-base from a different site and made bath milk out of it. I've had it sitting around for several weeks now because of course, I don't often take a soak in the tub. I'll say that the recipe was very easy and it worked exactly as I was told it would. I've got a new tester who's willing to try it out for me and I'm *crossing my fingers* for a rave review.

So far sounds good.Seems simple.

I use the base for lotion but those gallons are expensive.Some of them you have to use so many things to mix etc. One sounded good but I would have to use a double boiler. One base I used the recommended amount of FO but I didn't think the scent was strong enough. If I would have added more FO I was told the lotion base could get runny. :confused:

Just looking for something more reasonable and less work. I don't sell much lotion but if I had different bases people are familiar with I might.Just to say body lotion might not get it.But cocoa butter, shea butter and the others I may finally get some buyers. :)

I have a few local companies near me. Will check to see if

they have the multi base.I am thinking 1 company might but not sure if they have a choice like plain shea,cocoa etc.

Thank You,Angel and Starr

LynnS