Testing Firestarters?

rebeccajo99

I have a lot of dud wax here from failed testing and I was looking at making firestarters with it. However, I don't have a fire place in my house and I live in an area where we can't have firepits in our yard. How did you guys test these, or do you not and just put the things together.

Well, not having a fireplace and not being allowed to burn outside certainly WOULD put a damper on testing for you!!:shocked2: I generally don't ask friends to test stuff I am not able to test for myself, but some folks do.

The testing for firestarters is not very rigorous, since all they have to do is smell real good before burning, actually burn when lit and not cause a huge mess. :yay:

well... I went outside today and found some pinecones and clipped some twigs out of our christmas tree (it was sitting on our deck for the birds this winter). I warmed up some dud wax on my warmer and poured my first firestarters. nice and baby powder scented. A friend of mine said that I can come over and test them in his firepit... won't he just love the fact that they are baby powder!!! :laugh2:

A quick question... I used paper cupcake liners to line my cupcake tin, do I take those off when testing, or do I just leave them there. I did put a wick in them. I think I would just leave them there since that would be something else to help with the fire.

So, I went to my friends house this morning to test one of my firestarters. It did not actually start the fire, but did start the twigs that we had placed in there. The wood was just still too wet from winter :sad2: . Will try again in a few months or earlier if I find some dry wood.