Body Butter Ingredients - Did I mess them up?

Toni S.

I've always stored my Shea Butter, Rice Bran Oil and Jojoba oils in my basement but recently I put all of them in my refrigerator to extend the shelf life when not in use. I pulled them out of the refrigerator early this AM, let them reach room temp. and made a batch of Whipped Body Butter and it never thickened completely, just stayed at the thick ketchup stage. I made a second batch for fear I messed up on weighing the butter and oils and that turned out the same as the first batch. I was told to try putting the finished butter in the refrig. for a bit and that should thicken it up but that didn't work much. It thickened it to a cold cream consistency like ladies used on their faces years ago. Could I have destroyed something in the Rice Bran, Jojoba or Shea Butter for this NOT to work? I'm really desperate for help.

TIA

I've got Whipped Body Butter to make and now I don't know what to do??

I wouldn't say so. I store all my supplies in my shop which is not heated in the winter. The only time there's heat is if I'm working in there or I have my 5x5x4.5 ft dehydrator going.

My oils stay cold cold cold. I made a cream yesterday with shea, jojoba, hazelnut, rosa mosqueta and a few other oils and it turned out perfectly.

There may be something else going on.

Am I reading correctly that you whipped the butters at room temp?

If so, try chilling them in the fridge. Or I put the bowl in a bigger bowl with ice water in the bigger bowl. When the butters get pretty darn cold, try whipping then.

The only time I have a problem with my butters not whipping is when they are not cold enough.

HTH.

Am I reading correctly that you whipped the butters at room temp?

If so, try chilling them in the fridge. Or I put the bowl in a bigger bowl with ice water in the bigger bowl. When the butters get pretty darn cold, try whipping then.

The only time I have a problem with my butters not whipping is when they are not cold enough.

HTH.

Agreed. Try the ice bath, it works wonders!

OK, here's one for ya! I've had the double batch of body butter sitting in ice for the last couple hours and it's not doing anything except giving me a sore arm holding my mixer:angry2: :angry2: I've got enough body butter for myself to last me the rest of my life and then some cuz I sure can't sell it like this