Mixing Palm & Coconut Oil for CP

bugtussle

We buy most of our CP oils from Columbus Foods. This time of the year, the palm and coconut arrive solid and very hard. Hard enough that we have to cut off the top of the jug and cut the oil out in a chunk to measure. Well, just noticed that the palm says to mix before measuring. How do you handle this???? The only way to mix the palm would be to heat it all each time you use and then stir before you measure. What effect does cutting off the top and scooping it out have on our soaps?? TIA!!! Carole

For the palm oil you get from Columbus Foods in the jug it works best to melt it all using the double boiler method on the stove and pouring the entire contents into an ice cream bucket and stirring it as it solidifies again. Then just scoop it out as needed.

I buy the "no stir" palm oil in the 50 lbs cubes and just scoop out as much as I need as I am measuring my oils. I love the "no stir" palm. Best to order it in the winter however as they won't ship it once the weather warms up.

• 2 weeks later...