Wick help Pleeeease

I am using CB-135 and 1.2 oz. of Cucumber melon from Just Scent. I have read so much about the Cd wicks I ordered the sample pack. I tried DW with 2 Cd 10's and within 45 min. had a large melt pool. and a really hot jar at the top. Pulled out that wicks and waited till wax was hard thought I would try 2 Cd 7's after about an hour same results. Had a great HT but jar was way to Hot. I have now tried to single wick with a extra large Hemp. Wick worked great but not much HT. What do I try next? I hate these jars but Wholesale account wants them. What wicks do I try now? TIA:confused:

I am using the 16 oz apoth. jar

I used to pour 135 and used lx 20-26's with those jars depending on fo. sometimes I got a little hang up but they had good ht. I have since switched to c3 and DW now with cd's. I don't really know how the 2 waxes compare as far as wicking goes as I took about a year off between and don't have my notes. I see Stella's on it now though, so you're golden - she'll help ya :)