square 3 pict photo cane

I have made this 5 or 6 times. Usually one or two of the photos do well, but the last one or two don't. It is like I get air behind the photo copy and it leaves random marks and or bubbles. Using 1260 with micro added. Pour at 200-210 degrees. First try used cold cloth, but before I could get the next two in place, the first would partially fall off. Then went to ice cubes and that works better, but still getting funny marks (looks like wax covered air inside, but not pits on the outside). Could that come from re-rubbing over the photo with my wooden spoon when trying to re-stick part of it? Can't figure how I'm getting new air in as I am keeping the spoon in the wax at all times. Any suggestions would be welcome as I am melting this down AGAIN! :( It is for a good friend and I really want it to turn out special. TIA. Beth

I've made these a lot and they are tricky. What helps is if you let the photos sit in the wax for about 2-3 minutes, then when you press them onto the sides, they are more likely to stay in place without much cooling from the outside. I also use 2 chopsticks to press the photos up against the sides and to get out any trapped air bubbles. Also, try using a large dishtowel that you can wrap all the way around the candle. When you finish one side leave the towel in place and move on to the next side (very quickly) and so on. You may have to flip the towel over to the cooler side about halfway through. I've tried ice before and every time I get those marks, must be too cold or something..HTH! :)

Thanks so much for the advice. My "last" was better, but still came out with two marks, so I will try the towel idea as I think it is the ice also. I think I like my round ones better for some reason. I've been floating the picts in the presto and transferring them to the cane. Maybe that added some air...but if I have them all in the mold, the second or third tends to lie on the bottom and get stuck in the hardening wax. I'll try propping them with skewers. Thanks again. Beth