eco wick mushrooming

maybe someone can help. i use eco wicks in 464 and generally speaking i am happy with them. they are advertised as self cleaning and pretty much are....

i tested a honeysuckle jasmine the last few days and it was burning too fast to suit me, tho not terrible, so i poured another with one size smaller and the wick is drowning and 'shrooming. candle science told me if it's mushrooming, i need to wick up, ok that makes sense with that one.

BUT, today i'm testing a violet lime and it's mushrooming but actually got a FMP in under 2 hours, so that means i'll pour another one size smaller. anyone understand what's happening here? why do they shroom either way?

tia

You didn't say how much of an FO load you used originally so it's hard to say. If for instance you use 7% then cut down to 6% and see how that does.

The amt of FO load is going to depend on each particular FO. I use ecos in my pillars but also use them in the containers I make for myself (don't sell containers) but I can get a good burn with an Eco in a lighter fragrance where I have to cut back on the FO for some heavier FOs like vanilla, patchouli, etc. using the same jar.