Why do I have EO droplets on top of my wax?

Hello,

I've never had this happen before but I used the Ecosoya pure container wax and used 9% EO and the overpour had no colour and I had purple chunks in the middle.

I took a photo so you can see what I mean. They are all on the outer part of the circle. It says this wax can take up to 10% of fragrance. Did I use too much or is it my wick? I used a HTP 104 wick for this 8 oz square mason jar.

LavRosBThymeSoyCandle.jpg

I don't use EO's, but just an educated guess....too much FO will bead on top...I assume the same for EO's. You're supposed to use less EO than FO, aren't you....or am I off here?

If the was can't handle the load, it will bead. I have had it happen with weaker scents that I was trying to compromise by using more.

Don't know, but try less. Then post the results so others can learn.

Fern-Marie

Thanks I'll try another one with this wax and the same scent and see if the beads disappear. This has never happened with CB Advanced or Enchanted Lites wax which is what I normally use. I made a Patchouli & Sweet Orange coloured orange with this same wax using 10% or 9% and an LX wick and didn't have that problem so it could be the combo of EO's as this one had Lavender, Rosemary and Thyme.

Fern-Marie,

Yeah it drives me nuts and I've come to the conclusion that you can never have enough wick sizes. I'm starting to get them in smaller packs of 12 so that way I can pinpoint what works and what doesn't.

Today I was ready to throw this candle out the window but am determined to figure it out.