How does the wax dipped plush bear work?

Hello,

My sister and I were on this site and saw wax dipped plush bears for sale and we don't get it. Do you burn the whole bear down when you light it or it is more a decorative thing? Is it a preference thing for some people? I'm totally curious here and want to know how it works. Are they popular?

You DONT burn the bear.....there is no lighting this bear, its used as a air freshener...so yeah decorative :)

I think they make great gifts, and they look cute :) I think it all depends on the people and the area you are in the say they are popular.

Like I said, NO WICK, and NO FLAME, and NO FIRE :)

Hello,

My sister and I were on this site and saw wax dipped plush bears for sale and we don't get it. Do you burn the whole bear down when you light it or it is more a decorative thing? Is it a preference thing for some people? I'm totally curious here and want to know how it works. Are they popular?

You wouldn't believe how many people at craft shows ask about the bears and how they burn. I have to explain to them that they are an air freshener only. I clearly state on my packaging tag that they are not a candle and can't be burnt.

Pam F

...this is precisely why I renamed them "Bear Fresheners".

I didn't dip mine, though, I just scented them. A moral, and guilt-ridden decision. I joined a little known group, started on this board by Top some years ago...PETSA...People for the Ethical Treatment of Stuffed Animals. lol

Top hates 'em!

:laugh2:

EXCELLENT!

Poor TP, always gets the "bad" end of the stick. I mean, seriously, you gotta feel bad for it. Imagine if it was born and had thoughts: "I gotta do what!?" Now we're dipping it in hot wax. Poor guy gets no respect.

You're too funny. That was a good laugh-out-louder.

Fern-Marie