Stamping Kraft Bags

blt212

I need to get serious about bags since I'll be doing a Farmer's Market this year. Anyone buy kraft bags and stamp them with your company name? If so do you use a stamp pad and does it come out looking clean. I'm having a flashback of a stamping project I did!!! Buying custom printed bags are not in my budget so I'm looking for some alternatives. Also, I'm thinking I should focus on two size bags since I sell melts, 16 oz mason jars and 10 tumblers. Any feedback on the sizes to go with....

I think I've got all the suppliers done by searching the forums I've seen Nashville Wraps, Papermart and Uline most often.

Thanks...

How many bags are you wanting to stamp? I made grab bags just using regular kraft lunch bags and glammed them up by using a decorative rubber stamp on them. I only made about 2 dozen at any one time and every stamp impression was not precise. There could be a little excess ink or smudge here and there, but it was minimal and didn't really matter, since it was just decoration and not a logo or printed text.

Instead of rubber stamping your name, why not use labels instead? You could use standard address labels or opt for a 2x4 and add some art to it. Labels are cheap, and would most likely be less time consuming than stamping every bag. A friend of mine with a gift shop uses kraft bags in a green gingham print and puts gold foil address labels with her store name printed in green on every bag. It might sound goofy, but the gold foil really pops against the kraft and gets noticed.

If I were you I would probably put smaller purchases like melts in lunch bags and buy the cub size bags for larger things like candles or for a large volume of melts.

I like the idea of the gold labels....does she order them printed with her name or does she print them herself. I have an inkjet print so I'm not sure how it would print on foil labels.....

Thanks for the ideas....my wheels are turning

If you stick with the stamp idea, get a well made stamp. I have a custom one from Sweet Paperie (Papery?) on Etsy. I had to trim a tiny bit of rubber on one corner that was leaving an extra impression. You have to get a high quality stamp pad as well. I use Palette ink. It can be hard to find in stores, but it's worth it to order it online.

When stamping, do not rock the stamp. This frequently leaves shadows around the edges. You have to press straight down evenly, and lift straight up.

I like the idea of the gold labels....does she order them printed with her name or does she print them herself. I have an inkjet print so I'm not sure how it would print on foil labels.....

Thanks for the ideas....my wheels are turning

Hers are professionally printed. You can get free samples of label material from onlinelabels.com and others. Just make sure you buy the right type for your printer--the foil labels I have seen are for use with laser printers.

There are also companies that will print labels for you with low minimums. I don't know how many she had printed, but she made it worth her while--she stuck them on EVERYTHING. Dip mixes, gift baskets, you name it, and her label was on it. They might really be worth your while. Stick one on the bottom of every jar. If you make soap and use boxes, stick a label on that. The store owner I mentioned was really frugal and knew how to get the most for her money. The labels are a perfect example of an inexpensive marketing/branding tool that anyone can use.

Update....I purchased a stamp on Etsy as Kinipela suggested except I went with a company called Revel Studios....I haven't received the actual stamp yet but she has a picture posted on her Etsy site of it....it came out really nice. It's actually a pretty large polymer stamp 4" x 2.5". She was excellent at coming up with different designs and explaining how it should be used. I would highly recommend her work. He name is Aileen. I'm very excited to try it out on some kraft bags...