How to make a Wood Soap Mold DIY

kebrown

I made my second wood soap mold last week. I made a three part series of videos of the process. I placed them on YouTube and the links are below. I also have included a picture.

How to make a soap mold Part 1

How to make a soap mold Part 2

How to make a soap mold Part 3

moldpic.jpg

Here's the mold I made.

25qbyjc.jpg

I used screws instead of nails and also made it so that I can use the mold as a soap cutter which is why you see those slits on the left end. I just remove the end piece and slide my loaf to slice.

So can someone show a pic of how the soap is being sliced while in this type of mold? I noticed the slice holes aren't all the way thru the mold, maybe just show me the cutter for the mold.:confused: Sorry, I've never seen this being done like this.

Thanks!!!

Here's the mold I made.

25qbyjc.jpg

I used screws instead of nails and also made it so that I can use the mold as a soap cutter which is why you see those slits on the left end. I just remove the end piece and slide my loaf to slice.

That is NIFTY! I love it! I'm afraid I don't have the tools to make something like that, but like someone else said, looks like I may have to gift some tools to myself instead! :) haha