Flameless Electric Grubby Help Please

serenamarie

Okay - here was my first shot at putting in the light - first the hole was too big so i took a knife and carved some was out them i got the socket in and i just could not get both of the silver ends to seed into the candle. When i got done with making do you could see light all around the bulb which I dont think looks that great so I put the candle on wax paper and poured some of the same wax into the candle (note the circle around the inside) and once that dried I flipped it and did the same for the other side.

As you can see its just a mess. Also my candles have a whitish spots on them, what is this from? temp? Should the mold be heated? And also what can a heat gun do for me in this situation? Im just so confused and want to make purdy ones!

What am I doing right or wrong? Is there a way to put the light in easy?

grubby_1.jpgHere are some pics

As you can see its a fine mess:angry2: grubby_2.jpg

The one I bought from everlasting candle co has the hole in the bottom and the wire going to the side. They have something screwed into the wax to hold the wire in place. I used a wire staple and hammered it in the wax. They do not do an extra filling in of wax on the bottom but use a round piece of felt to cover bottom and then a large lable with instructions, company name and light bulb size..etc. On the inside they have a white plastic tube that fits perfect over and up to the socket. Around this they have poured wax. I would pour cool and use a heat gun to smooth out the inside a little. Don't worry about the bottom so much you can cover it. I didn't use the tube and mine doesn't go up as far in the candle, sits in the bottom. Where as theirs sits up so the bulb is half way out of the candle. Your's looks goo, I think your on the right track. The bulb size is 3w, I use a 5w. Also make sure your wax has a high melt point cause even a small bulb will melt some wax. HTH

Thank you so much Sharon, I was wondering how other people did theirs. I just dont like mine seeing light through the hole so when i am making them I always pour a few tarts for the bottom. Im just having a difficult time with the light bulb. Seems my best bet is to cut up some tart and push it all around the light bulb or work from the bottom up.

I've seen these before, and I thought the hole is supposed to be open? Seems like the bottom of the socket would need to be uncovered. Was your problem with just the width of your hole around the socket?

Sorry for my questions, but I know nothing about these. I do think its pretty cool looking though.

I hope you will show a finished photo when you are all done.