lip balm recipes PLEASE HELP

hurleygirl

Okay being new here I know some of my questions make you scratch your head but I am trying candles and my daughter in law wants to do lip balms...my question is how do you measure percents in lip balm, when you say 75% of something 24% and 1% how do you measure that and also grams...she asked and I can not find the answer for her anywhere:confused: I know for those of you who make this it is probably a ridiculous question but this isn't my thing and I do not know what to tell her or where to begin...

You can measure in grams, ounces or whatever you want. Measuring in grams can be more consistent when dealing with smaller amounts. Change the percentage to a decimal (25% becomes .25, 50% becomes .50, and 5% becomes .05 ect) and whatever your measurements are that you've decided to use, multiply that amount to your percentage amount.

Is there a cup or scale or special measuring item used for lip balms....and say she is making 8 ounces how does she figure measurements...I do not even know how to explain this or is there a website that shows you:confused: I am sorry to be asking so many questions but I have no idea what to tell her and this is like a foreign language..

Let's take the percentages you gave us in your earlier post. 75%, 24% and 1% - adding that up, it equals 100%, so far so good.

Now, 8 oz

75% of 8oz = 6.00oz

24% of 8oz = 1.92oz

1% of 8oz = 0.08oz

The percentages should add up to 100% and your oz should add up to what you started with (which was 8 oz). And it does. Hopefully this makes more sense and isn't confusing. If you want to change oz to grams, you can do so with an online conversion program. I use this one quite a bit...

www.onlineconversion.com

Make sure you're using the conversions for weight. HTH