C&S $5/lb Oils Reviewed

evesorto

Wax is igi 4627, fo is 10%, wick is eco 2 and container is a two oz. tin, appx 2" diameter. I am now allowing the candle to burn for 2 hours before I rate it. I am using my master bedroom which is appx 15'x20' with 8 ft ceilings.

A rating of "10" means that the scent filled the room and was an extremely powerful scent.

A rating of "9" means that the scent filled the room.

Well, I finally got around to testing my $5 C&S Oils and I must say that in my wax they all threw amazing. All but one, had scent throw that earned a rating of 10. And on second burn, I decided that they really all threw a "10".....maybe candle nose?

I am not sure about the cold throw on some of them though, because most of them did not make me swoon....but that could just be me. I will do my best to describe scents/give my take on them. Do note that throw was amazing so it would just depend on how a person feels about the scent.

Red Currant- this was my favorite. It dupes Votivo and throw is a 10++. The 2 oz tin actually scented my whole open floor plan of LR, DR and Kitchen.

Red Currant/Cassis - This was extremely similar, if not identical to Red Currant.

Sensual Amber - Wonderful throw but not the bbw Sensual Amber. I think it more closely resembed ICS Pink Sugar. I will have to do a side by side, but I think I am right. Cold throw was very soft.

White Peach and Habiscus - Absolutely beautiful, but I don't know what the heck I am smelling? It's clean, a bit fruity...It's feminine, too.........I don't know what to name it.....Maybe, Crazy Pill? Just kidding, but I will have to think long and hard...It reminded me of a candle shoppe...no distint scent that predominates? Cold throw was nice, but soft

Spa Fusion - Again, absolutely beautiful= clean, a bit fruity, maybe feminine,,,,wait, Maybe very close to White Peach and Habiscus. My daughter thought so, too. Can anybody chime in on this? Perhaps, wrong label? Dunno

Cinnamon Roll - Great throw, but kinda cinnamon roll....nothing that made me go "Wow"....but pleasant enough.

Orange Pomander - this one was just OK for me. I guess it's a fall scent. Had to down my % to 8% bec of fuel smell. Org and spice , still no "wow" for me.....I don't think I'm a fall lover though.

Lemongrass - another amazing throw.....nice enough.......Lemon. Nice Clean. Cold throw was nice and strong

Lavender Lemongrass - amazing throw...just wasn't crazy about the scent. Very clean, herbal. Not sure how it compares to Lemon Lavender. Strong cold throw

Green Scent - this was the one that I first gave a "9", then upped it to a "10" Throw was very, very good. Couldn't put my finger on what I was smelling though? Candle shop, maybe? Clean candle shop? Cold throw was ok, but didn't know what I was smelling

Grapefruit and Tea - This scent was very pleasant but I wouldn't know how to describe it. Cold throw was a bit soft.

Pear Drizzle - another amazing throw....which is good for a pear scent. I detected the caramel. I guess it could be called "creamy pear" ...not sure if this is a combo I like, but as I said before I am not a big fan of the fall smells (Cranberry and Apple are about as far as I have been able to go). Cold throw was pleasant enough.

My top three would be Red Currant (and the identical Currant Cassis), White Peach Habiscus (and the extremely similar Spa Fusion) and the Grapefruit and Tea. The Sens Amber (Pink Sugar) was also very good.

I am pleased with the throw on all of these oils. I just don't know if the cold throw on some of them will be enough to attract people to them. They would do well at craft fairs and candle parties where a candle is kept burning and people get a chance to experience the hot throw.

No one would be disappointed with the throw on these candles. If economics are important, these oils could save you a bunch of money. Given the fact that peoples taste do vary, I am eager to see how these fo do; I will make a few candles up in each scent and see how it goes.

Eve

Thanks for the reviews on the oils! I've never tried them before. Might have to if most (if not all) throw really well. I saw a few that looked good. :)

Are most of them for candles only? I noticed this site had three similar scents and only one was good for body applications.