Wicking Mistletoe

evesorto

Curious to know opinions of others.

Wax is igi 4627, fo 10 %, 2 3/4" jar, Eco 6. FO is mistletoe and throw is very good. Was playing around with my set up and I tried an ECO 8, throw was amazing but flame was too big, dancing around and big shroom formed. My gut says settle for less throw bec a soot producing mushroom is not what I'm aiming for. Curious to know what others do in this unfortunate trade off situation.

tia,

Eve

I played around with my formula a bit, using CS Mistletoe. 6 %FO was not good. 8% was only a bit better. 10% Fo was very good with an eco 6, awesome with an eco 8, however the eco 8 produced a large flame (which danced alot) and eventually a big mushroom formed. Such was not the case with the eco 6.

I basically like the eco wicks (vs. rrd and lsz) and find that they don't produce the mushroom. In my jar, I tend to use an eco 6 for almost everything except Vanilla Sandalwood, with excellent results. I hoped for a little more scent with the Mistletoe so I just played around w/o much expectation.

The eco 8 improved throw in that it worked/scented the room really quickly. I believe that the eco 6 scents nicely, just takes much longer to get there.

I know that there is not an eco 7, but is there any type of equivalent?

tia,

Eve